May, 2020

May, 2020

5/2

The Tara Reade story loses all cohesion and should go away soon. Except for MAGATS and KAGs. We need Biden to win this thing. I don’t care about his liberal purity.

5/5

Trump lamented the fact that women reporters weren’t more like Donna Reed. A reference that probably shows how old and out of touch and sexist he is. And of course, his supporters won’t care. They don’t care about truth, voting against their own interests, his hypocrisy, his crassness, his awfulness, or how much he lies. To them, he is God. I am sick every day because of him. And 66 thousand people have dies from coronavirus.

Cruelty is the point. You hear that a lot these days. 2020 sucks.

5/6

(I tweeted this to Yamiche, the reporter)

He says what he means until he doesn’t mean it anymore, in which case he never said it, or it was taken out of context, or he was just joking or it was Hillary Obama.”

5/9

Trump’s SS men have the Covid.

5/10

Whole Day with no social media…No Facebook, no Twitter, no Insta… Made a short list of things to do besides: read the paper. I read 90 percent of the paper. I read The Committee. I took a walk. I did a crossword.

And when all my notifications are shut off, it’s pretty easy and less tempting to look at all of it. My mind was quieter. I didn’t get depressed about everyone’s love/hate/indifferent/missing mom stories. I just listened to Spotify…

And I have no idea what new stupid Trump thing happened. And I’m ok with that.

5/11

Back online. Trump tweeted over 100 times yesterday.

5/13

Hogan re-opening stuff…haircuts, bowing to the pressure of a vocal minority. God help us…I shake my head about the disaster that is ahead of us.

5/14

So, I’m realizing that handwashing is extremely tedious. You spend many more seconds singing a song or counting or just trying to pace out 20 seconds, lathering, wetting your hands, trying to get everything, all the whole my hands are drying out, almost like in the old days when my fingers would have band aids all over , like 7 of 10 fingers.

And I wear a mask at work and outside because it is recommended…if I had corona, I’d be keeping other people safe, so in theory if we all use them, we’re protecting each other….but 2020 America doesn’t get this…. Maybe 45-50% are using masks. It’s very frustrating. And they are now going to start easing up on a few things even though here we have almost 1.4 million cases and 84 thousand deaths. Baltimore is 3,476 cases and 186 deaths, outpacing our robust murder rate for at least a little while (though we topped 100 this week.).

Global= 4.35 Million cases, almost 300 thousand deaths and people thing that the death rate being low 2 or 3 percent, it’s no big deal…which is f’ed up, but also: the disease itself is no good even if you don’t die.

This is why I’m sad every day, that on top of no baseball or any other sports…

5/15

Trump claims truckers honking horns during the Rose Garden speech was support for him. It was not. It was protest.

5/16

People are still stupid about Coronavirus. An online friend is pissing me off by playing the “how much damage this is doing to the economy vs the deadliness of the virus” shit. I start to draft a response and I stop myself. Too frustrating. I just want peace to enjoy the things that I can still do.

Obama gave a virtual Commencement speech and it is blowing up the internet.

5/17

Another day in quarantine-light. States that opened up are experiencing more cases. Shit hasn’t abated: the country has just gotten bored. Baltimore has large crowds, bikers and people outside simply not giving a fuck. Nobody’s listening or taking care.

5/18

Trump taking that hydroxychloroquine drug that causes health problems. Don’t get me wrong, but I really hope he dies.

5/19

Trump accurately described by Pelosi as “morbidly obese.” Trump refusing to unveil Obama’s portrait at the White House. Because he is petty and small and complete asshole. Obamagate: a made-up name for a non-specified and non-existent crime. Please let’s not re-elect this fool. Please.

5/22

Biden had a moment on a broadcast where he referenced white media and black media and if you vote for Trump, you’re not black. It wasn’t a big deal, but he apologized. But it’s Twitter news. But honestly, we are so locked in in 2020, it really isn’t going to change things.

5/24

From across the pond: Boris Johnson’s top advisor apparently drove all over the country doing whatever the fuck he wanted in defiance of Govt stay at home orders. Britain is furious because Boris Johnson won’t condemn him/fire him/censure him.

Here, shit opens up prematurely and I’m calling it: we’ll be up in this for 6-8 more months. That puts us into next year.

Good job, asshole.

5/25

Trump did come to Baltimore at noon and kept saying “Happy Memorial Day…” to our capital producers workers [note…I had trouble reading my writing here]

5/26

Fact check on Trump tweets. Because he always lies.

5/28

Watched Trial by Media episode 1: the Jenny Jones murder. God she was/is trash. Takes no responsibility at all.

Friday, May 29th, 2020

· George Floyd, a Black man, was killed by cops in Minneapolis when they kneeled on his neck for 9 minutes. Minneapolis burns, riots ensue, and the police HQ is on fire.

· Coronavirus continues to ravage America. People getting bored so quarantines eased but there are 100 thousand dead.

· Trump makes a tweet with “when the looting starts, the shooting starts” a tone-deaf reaction to the events in America.

· Trump freaks out at Twitter and issues an Executive Order involving making enemies lists. He is one thin-skinned MFer.

5/30

George Floyd protests all over. Breaking he barriers of the White House. Burning things in Philly. Not sure what is happening here. I am safe inside. #MAGAnight is trending because CHEETO called for it in (what else?) a tweet.

More stuff:

NYPD were running people down. IN MN the cops were shooting non-lethal bullets at people filming from their porches. Philly is burning. Big time protest in DC. Austin? Alex Jones trying to pass in an SUV.

Baltimore? We have a protest that is for the most part quiet and peaceful. It doesn’t make a lot of sense unless there isa coordinated effort by outsiders in all the other cities. Or…we just have more class. Good for us, but I think it would have been more peaceful in other cities as well if not for the outside agitators who somehow didn’t come here…

5/31

The world continues its inexorable descent into chaos and well… I’m still doing my thing to stay sane.

Declaring ANTIFA a terrorist organization….basically if you don a mask and they don’t like you, you’re a terrorist. We all wear masks…Coronavirus is suddenly {only} the 2nd most deadly force in America…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July, 2019

September 2018

October (as of the 27th)